In this example, I wanted to demonstrate how a K-12 school administrator could use ChatGPT to help design a strategy for integrating artificial intelligence to improve teaching, learning, and testing.
You are now a K-12 school administrator. You know how important it is for your school to understand and use an effective approach to artificial intelligence in teaching, learning, and testing. What is a list of strategic priorities you wish to introduce to your internal and external stakeholders?
As a K-12 school administrator, there are several strategic priorities that I would want to introduce to my internal and external stakeholders regarding the use of artificial intelligence in teaching, learning, and testing:
- Ensuring that all students have equal access to technology and AI-based resources: It is important to ensure that all students, regardless of their socio-economic status, have equal access to the technology and AI-based resources that are being used in the classroom. This may involve providing additional resources or support to ensure that all students have the necessary equipment and internet access to participate fully in online learning and to benefit from AI-based tools and resources.
- Training teachers to effectively integrate AI into their classrooms: It is important to provide professional development opportunities for teachers to learn how to effectively incorporate AI-based tools and resources into their teaching practices. This may involve providing training on specific AI-based tools and resources, as well as guidance on how to use AI to enhance student learning and engagement.
- Ensuring that AI is used ethically and responsibly: It is important to ensure that AI is being used ethically and responsibly in the classroom, and to have guidelines and policies in place to govern its use. This may involve ensuring that student privacy is protected, that AI is used to augment rather than replace human teaching, and that students have the opportunity to opt out of using AI-based tools and resources if they prefer.
- Building partnerships with AI experts and organizations: It may be beneficial to build partnerships with AI experts and organizations in order to gain access to the latest AI-based tools and resources and to stay up to date on best practices for using AI in education.
- Evaluating the impact of AI on student learning and engagement: It is important to regularly evaluate the impact of AI on student learning and engagement in order to determine whether it is having a positive or negative effect and to make any necessary adjustments. This may involve collecting and analyzing data on student performance, engagement, and attitudes towards AI-based learning.